Compass Box Spice Tree Whiskey is a rich, intense malt whisky redolent of baking spices and layered with toasty oak. Led by malt from Clynelish, this blended malt has the influence of toasted french oak wood for extra spice.
- Nose: Aromatic and toasted spices with notes of honey mustard on cold roast beef, vanillin oak and white pepper.
- Palate: Meaty barley, ginger, cocoa powder, sweet and peppery spices, toasted vanilla.
- Finish: Rich and aromatic with plenty of spice and oak..Hence naming it Spice Tree I guess?
- 95.5 points Jim Murray's Whisky Bible
- Featured in Ian Buxton's 101 whiskies to try before you die book
- Featured in the 1001 whiskies you must try before you die book